Saturday, December 20, 2008

Got to love them!

Sometimes, you just really have to love innocence. A week or two ago, I had to be pulled aside at the Y-after school program to be told what my darling girl had done to get into trouble. It was really hard not to laugh and keep a straight face when I had to talk to her about it later. So, this is how it went:
"Mrs. Smith, Aubrey got into trouble today with another little girl."
"Oh, what did she do?"
"Well...(I can tell he is VERY uncomfortable.) They were sort of licking each other."
I raise my eyebrow at him.
"When I fussed at them and told them they don't need to be doing that. Aubrey stated, 'We were only tongue fighting'. I told them they don't need to be spreading germs, and what if one of them had eaten a bug, then you would be eating one, too."
Trying to keep a straight face, "Oh, and how did they respond?"
"They were pretty grossed out. It was completely innocent, and they didn't see anything wrong with what they were doing."
"Thank you. I will talk to her at home."
So, I asked Aubrey before we left, "Where did you learn that?" Praying that it wasn't something like "You and Daddy do it." And her response, "Laurie taught me." Sigh...apparently, they stick their tongues out and use them as swords in the shower. Needless to say, I sat them both down and talked to them about not 'tongue fighting' because it spreads germs. Now if I can only keep them from 'tongue fighting' until they are 30...

No comments: