I think I need to start focusing my worries on the youngest. Tuesday morning we had to go have a chat with Aubrey's teacher. Aubrey had to confess her wrong doings. Apparently, she did not learn from her hair cut issues from last year. Aubrey decided to cut her bangs-give them a good layering. I was fixing Laurie's hair, and Aubrey wanted me to 'fix' her hair with the curling iron. Granted, nothing stays in her hair, but she likes me to fix the back and her bangs in the morning. So, I was 'curling' her bangs when I noticed that they were layered. Hmph...so I asked my darling what happened. She tried to tell me that someone cut them at school. When I asked who so we could tell her teacher, she confessed that she did it. (This one will break under pressure right now...maybe not later, but...) We went in and I had Aubrey tell her teacher that she had cut her own hair in class the day before. Aubrey also had her kitty taken away for 5 days. (I know...mean mommy!) Then that night when we were leaving Pappy's house, she pulled some of the berries off the bush. Now this is something Mimi fusses at her for every time there are berries on the bush...I'm guessing it is going to take her several times to learn not to do something. BUT there is hope-she tells Jason "No booty for you!" when he runs after her playfully smacking her bottom. Hopefully-this will stick until after she is married! =-)
Laurie went on a Girl Scout overnighter at the San Antonio Zoo. No...they didn't put her in the monkey cage or the lion's den. I was thoroughly disappointed with that, but she got to dissect an owl's pellet and found rodent parts-which she brought home. Great... Laurie was very excited to tell me all about her trip to the zoo and all the animals she got to see. She was able to be a part of the bird show, and a bird went on her arm and on her head. I can't wait to get the pictures from the trip! I will post them when I get them.
The girls are also very interested in boobs...there is no other way to say it. Saturday before she left, Laurie came in and said-"look mom, you can see my boobie!" I had to tell her it wasn't a boobie yet-just breast buds. Just because you are not longer completely flat, does not mean you have boobies! And don't be in a hurry to get them! So, Aubrey, of course, had to have her say about the whole thing...she grabbed my freshly laundered bra and tried to put it on. Then told me that I needed to practice so I could help her with one when she needed one. Geez...can't I stop this whole development thing? I know my doctor said no, but isn't there something out there that will stop this so they don't grow up too fast? I'm off to seek the answers on the Internet! I'll let you know if I find anything...desperately seeking-Mary Alice
Sunday, September 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment